Congratulations to Bob Karnak for being selected the 2009 JDRF Ride Volunteer of the Year. Bob raised $14,000 for JDRF and participated in the Death Valley ride. Bob is also an active member of the Ride Committee and organized the team's 1st annual CIBA ride. Well done Bob!
Congratulations to Brian Grantz from South Bend who completed his first Ride to Cure in Tucson, Arizona. I heard great things about the ride from Brian and I'm looking forward to hearing more.
The Ride Committee has been busy with two key activities.
- organizing fund raising events in cooperation with Conseco Fieldhouse
- organizing events for early 2010 to kick start the ride season and help recruit riders.
We are also always open to ideas so if you have any send myself or Stacey and email, we would love to hear from you.As you may have heard, Team Indiana is targetting the Death Valley ride in 2010 (celebrating 10 years of Indiana participation in the Ride to Cure). That ride will be Oct. 14-17th. We will let you know when registration is open. There will be 4 other rides in 2010. Information is not fully confirmed, but here is what I know.
- Vermont (location TBD) - July
- LaCrose, WI - August
- Lake Tahoe - Sept. 10-13th (part of a bigger ride on Sunday)
- Death Valley, CA - Oct. 14-17th
- Tucson, AZ - Nov. 18-21st
PS - my knee surgery went well and I am now back on the stationary bike