We had a great ride on Saturday with Kevin S., Gary, Dan & myself, along with past rider Kate and future riders Lisa & Tony. We got some practice riding in traffic, but all in all had a nice 40 mile ride and made it home in one piece.
I'm going to skip the profiles for this week, but they will be back next week - I promise. I have some important information about upcoming rides:
- Thursday, June 4th 6pm - Neboridge Bike Shop (106th & Michigan); I previously said 116th, sorry about that. WEAR YOUR JDRF JERSEY. This is an organized ride they do every week. There are multiple groups to ride with, so everyone will find a spot. Neboridge is one of our partner bike shops, so please join us in showing them our support.
- Saturday, June 6th 8:45am - B&O Trail Ride (Williams Park, Brownsburg); there are routes for 11, 24, 46 & 62 miles; I'll probably do 46 miles which is in line with our training schedule, the 62 mile route doesn't separate from 46 until the last rest stop so even those who are doing 62 miles can ride with the group most of the way. Ride starts at 8:50am, I'd like us to be all together & ready to ride by 8:45am (group photo) http://www.botrail.org/17th-annual-bao-bicycle-tour.html
- If you can't join us Saturday, there is an organized ride in Shelbyville on Sunday - June Bug Jamboree http://www.morselakemetric.com/index.html
- Tuesday, June 9th 6pm - Southwestway Park; we will ride 20-26 miles, great hill workout.
- Saturday, June 13th we were scheduled to have a training ride, but I'm substituting this weekend's ride. I would recommend trying a CIBA ride (http://www.cibaride.org/index.php) or the Save the Noggin Ride (http://www.biausa.org/Indiana/calendar.htm)
One other note - keep August 2nd open, JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes Team will be hosting the CIBA ride that day. Stay tuned for more information - we will be needing you all to ride and help out. This is a great opportunity to get some publicity for the group within the cycling community.
That's all for now! Keep pedaling for a cure!