Thirteen years and counting.....join us as we share our journey toward a cure for type 1 diabetes!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

OMG Gary almost killed me

Last night Gary and I made our second joint assault on Observatory hill.

We had done it a couple of weeks ago, but I have to say that I felt a lot better that day :)

In fact Gary had asked me on the way out if I was sure that I wanted to do the hill this week and I told him, "Absolutely not, but I need to." (I am trying to become a stronger hill climber and.... loosing 15 pounds might be the real answer:))

Anyway we got to the bottom and started up. I felt like I was in trouble right away as I had to get out of the saddle before we even got to the bend.

I gasped out, "I don't think I can do this tonight." And Gary just about killed me with 4 little words. He said,"You can do it"

Then he stood up in the saddle and gave me"the look" and went on up the hill.

However, he was right, I did it. (notice the lack of an exclamation point)

Seriously thought, thanks Gary! I couldn't have done it without you!

Peace and CU at NEBO ridge on Thursday

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indiana Cure Chasers 2010

Indiana Cure Chasers 2010
Death Valley October 2010

For more information about JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes...

Contact the Indianapolis office at 317-469-9604

Go to Indiana Cure Chasers website OR JDRF website.