Thirteen years and counting.....join us as we share our journey toward a cure for type 1 diabetes!

Friday, May 21, 2010

I've been bitten

Yes, that's correct: I'm officially a cycling gal.  Okay, not every ride has been easy and I even turned around once, but I LOVE a challenge (and none of you are getting rid of me THAT easily! HAHAHAH).

It doesn't hurt that Coach Alex called me the star blogger either!  As many of you are probably realizing as you get to know me better, I kind of like the spotlight :)

Two months in to this, I'm already thinking I underestimated myself and I should have bought a better bike.  The one I have is a good bike, of course, but I erred on the side of caution (and because of my husband's disapproving looks for a $900 bike) and got the lesser one.  I'm already thinking I need a new one.  EEK!  I might have to wait until next year since I came home with a new Mac yesterday without talking to him first.  I am not a horrible shopaholic.  I am not a horrible shopaholic. 


I still have a long way to go, a lot to learn (namely how to switch gears; I did get a FABULOUS lesson last week, but I think I need to work on it more regularly to get any good), but I'm just really glad I joined a stellar group of people who are helping me along the way!

1 comment:

  1. Remember the first mantra of a cyclist...

    "One can never have too many bikes"

    ReplyDelete

Indiana Cure Chasers 2010

Indiana Cure Chasers 2010
Death Valley October 2010

For more information about JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes...

Contact the Indianapolis office at 317-469-9604

Go to Indiana Cure Chasers website OR JDRF website.