Thirteen years and counting.....join us as we share our journey toward a cure for type 1 diabetes!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday Nebo Ridge - Deep Thoughts

I thought I'd share some thoughts on Thursday's rainy ride.
1. Surprisingly there were about 30 hardy folks present and correct for the evening jaunt.
2. Splitting the ride into two groups correlates to getting dropped earlier in the ride.
3. Glasses do nothing to help seeing in the rain.
4. The rooster tails coming up off the riders in front of you is worse than the precipitation coming from the sky.
5. Indiana road grit has a unique flavor to my palate than say Vermont road grit.
6. The rain stopped at mile 18.
7. Wool base layers are priceless as is the rain shell I picked up after last years Ride to Cure.
8. I usually feel content walking around in my cycling gear. But yesterday evening I felt embarrassment like having a full diaper.
9. I hope my shoes dry out by Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reinforcing my outstanding decision not to ride on Thursday night...

    ReplyDelete

Indiana Cure Chasers 2010

Indiana Cure Chasers 2010
Death Valley October 2010

For more information about JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes...

Contact the Indianapolis office at 317-469-9604

Go to Indiana Cure Chasers website OR JDRF website.