I thought I'd share some thoughts on Thursday's rainy ride.
1. Surprisingly there were about 30 hardy folks present and correct for the evening jaunt.
2. Splitting the ride into two groups correlates to getting dropped earlier in the ride.
3. Glasses do nothing to help seeing in the rain.
4. The rooster tails coming up off the riders in front of you is worse than the precipitation coming from the sky.
5. Indiana road grit has a unique flavor to my palate than say Vermont road grit.
6. The rain stopped at mile 18.
7. Wool base layers are priceless as is the rain shell I picked up after last years Ride to Cure.
8. I usually feel content walking around in my cycling gear. But yesterday evening I felt embarrassment like having a full diaper.
9. I hope my shoes dry out by Saturday.