Thirteen years and counting.....join us as we share our journey toward a cure for type 1 diabetes!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

We didn't melt

In spite of a couple of hours of rain before ride time, Tony and I decided we needed our road miles tonight. There didn't seem to be much chance of lightning or severe storms, and the rain wasn't heavy. It was one of those times where our diligence was rewarded, because the skies cleared just as we arrived to head out, and it ended up being the most lovely of nights for a ride. We didn't even get wet! Simply 26 miles of breezy happy riding. We ended up pleased with our pace, pretty quick considering the hills and the crosswind. It was a great ride altogether.

I love riding with Tony, because he's stronger and faster than I am, and that pushes me to be a little better too. Also, we're in similar stages of training, having both gone from non-cyclists to fanatics in a little over a year. Because of this, he's my biggest competition for the 'most improved cyclist' status I'm gunning for. I'm sure in a few months it will be Heather, but for now I think Tony and I are neck and neck. (Shhhh, don't tell him I'm going to kick his butt for that status, or he might start working even harder.) And yeah, I might have said he was stronger and faster than I am.....but I'm thinking I might have a little edge because of the fact that I started out soooo much a rookie, with a lot more rookie mistakes. That's got to count for something as far as improvement goes, right? All in fun of course, but seriously......the Indiana Cure Chasers are the best group of people I could have found, and I'm very glad there's always a friend with whom I can ride.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that I didn't join you guys. I had a feeling on my way home that the rain was tapering off significantly, but it was too late to turn back.

    Glad you had a good ride! You both are doing great... Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Indiana Cure Chasers 2010

Indiana Cure Chasers 2010
Death Valley October 2010

For more information about JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes...

Contact the Indianapolis office at 317-469-9604

Go to Indiana Cure Chasers website OR JDRF website.